more complications

Loiner

Oct 29, 2005
Leeds, UK
Ok, the ss assessment for mums respite care was a total waste of time.
the place mum was gonna go is no longer suitable due to her physical needs but that means she needs a different type of respite and has to be applied for, just like before..
Excapt a nurse has to come out to assess mum then she report back to the social worker, who then works out what mum needs and goes to the funding panel to get approval for the respite, then she has to find the respite, if its available as its a different system and there are less places for nursing respite....
and I was so looking forward to my week on jan 9th....

david

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
David, I feel for you. It must be so disappointing to keep having to jump the hurdles. Can only advise you hang on in there, sill really, not much else you can do I know. Big hug, you need it. Love Connie

Sweetie

Nov 27, 2005
North Yorkshire
Care home funding

Hi, I'm also arguing with social services as to why they won't pay the 12 week disregard for my mum's residential home. She has limited income apart from her house which we have now put up for sale so are having to fund this ourselves.

Any advice please?

Loiner

Oct 29, 2005
Leeds, UK
Social worker just phoned and they've approved respite, without a nurse coming, so I am pleased :)
They even offered a bed now, but I want mum home for xmas.

hugs to all and xmas wishes of peace and good times

David

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
David, I'm so pleased that things are at last falling into place for you. I hope you may be able to have a more relaxed Christmas as a result, knowing you'll have a chance to recharge your batteries afterwards.