mooning at the Mormons

jools

Jun 29, 2004
Hi Everyone,

Now and again AD provides those moments when you wonder if it is a disease, or if its just an excuse to do all the things you wanted to , but never dared.
A wee while ago, the doorbell rang about half nine. I got up to answer, and was followed by my dad doing Alf Garnet ('Who the bloody hell is ringing the bloody doorbell at this bloody time?) the dog barking round my feet in circles, and mum going 'Oh who's that?' I unlock the mortice, slide back the bolts, take off the chain(dad is a bit of a security freak as well) and open the door on two earnest and rather scared looking Mormons.
'Hi, we're from the Church of Latter Day Saints,' begins one.
'Sorry, but I know about the Mormons and Joseph Smith,' I reply, and am just about to get ready to field his next question, when i see the other Mormon's eyes pop out of his head.
'Oh that's ok, we'll just go then,' he says, and they scuttle away.
Puzzled by their reaction , I turn round to see what they were looking at, and find that Mum has dropped her trousers at them (thank God she had tights on!).
Dad and I stood and howled for about three minutes andMum joined in, even though she didn't know what it was about.
This is a local shop for local people. There's nothing for the likes of you round here....

Jools

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Jools,

Great stuff....! Mothers can be such a help can't they? I wonder if you are right about the 'let's go for it' attitude.

Last year my mother had a dizzy spell in the morning and I was sufficiently concerned to phone for an emergency Doctor's visit. It was a weekend and a locum arrived to check her over. He was a very handsome, young Nigerian doctor. My mother flung her arms around him, kissed him and told him that he was gorgeous. I rather fancied doing the same thing actually......

Jude

betty2

Jun 14, 2004
good one

thanks for that jools, made me howl with laughter.
my dad used to love keeping jeovahs witness on the doorstep in the middle of winter, arguing with them. it took them about 4 years to give up.

I just hope I am there when he does the same as your mum.

made my evening

thanks

betty