Mood swings and the quick way things are progressing.

Discussion in 'Younger people with dementia and their carers' started by Tinkerbell3, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Tinkerbell3

Tinkerbell3 New member

Jul 7, 2019
    Hi my husband was diagnosed with young onset Alzheimer's last August 2018. His mood swings and confusion seem rapid. Not sure if because he has diabetes and the last couple of months his sugars have been all over the place. He is just started insulin. I am struggling with the aratic changes. Has anyone else experienced these things.

2. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
  3. nae sporran

nae sporran Volunteer Host

Oct 29, 2014
    Male
    Bristol
    Welcome to the forums @Tinkerbell3. My partner has diabetes and vascular dementia, but none of the erratic sugar levels your husband has. I am a bit strict on what she eats though, which does cause a bit of stress as she denies having diabetes. The mood swings do happen though, but that seems to be more to do with her dementia and insecurity. Sorry that is probably not much help, but I sympathise with the problems of juggling more than one condition.