Monitors.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
I was thinking of getting something like a baby monitor so i can hear mum if she needs me during the night, she doesn't have a loud voice and i'm worried if she needs me i won't hear her (not that i'm getting much sleep anyway).
Do any of you use monitors at night incase your loved ones need help?

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
Hi Carabosse, we use a baby moniter and its an absolute godsend. I too thought I wouldn't hear my MiL in the middle of the night but I do. We got a one with a night light on it from a well known supermarket A**a. It saves all the worry of not hearing whether or not she's up and needing help. MiL knows that if she needs me she just has to call out for me and so far this works well.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I have been using a baby monitor for a couple of months, wish I had started to use it a long time ago.

The one I have is mains operated for both units, but one can be battery powered and clipped to my belt which I think will be very useful when I need to work in the garden.

Hope this helps

Helen

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I have one with a camera too. I use it in the mornings when I get up as my husband sleeps longer and longer now.

I can see when he starts to get out of bed and so I can get on with the day without having to keep going backwards and forwards looking into the bedroom.

I also use it in the evenings so I can be in the living room and see if he is disturbed at all.

I sleep in the same room as him so I do not need it overnight, just in the periods when I am not in the room.

Jeannette

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Just seen that the offers on Thursday at Al#i include a monitor with 2 cameras for £79-99, although not sure how that compares price wise.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Wow, didn't realise you could get a monitor with a camera, just thought there would be like basic models with batteries which you stick one in the 'babies' room and the parents kept the other!.... now i have to decide which would be best, not sure the camera one would be of much use as i can hear mum (most of the time), its more for when the quetiapene kicks in and she is sleepy but doesn't feel well enough to get up or isn't sure whats wrong and needs my help. I'll have a look at the major supermarkets websites and might have a quick look on ebay, if anyone wants to PM me with a make/ model i wouldn't say no.....

Maras

Feb 26, 2013
Torquay
Hello everyone, I am new to the Forum, although I am a member of our local Carer's Forum. I have had awful problems with monitoring my 93 year old Mum. She lives in a separate annexe up the garden (no it's not the shed!!) After using various bits of equipment, some provided by the Care Trust - we have now settled with buying 2 separate cameras - one in bedroom and one in lounge - a B.T. 'hub' whatever that is (my husband did all the technical bits) and a 'tablet' or ipad. We can now easily monitor and hear my Mum 24/7. We can even monitor her on our mobile 'phones.
She also has a chair sensor and a bed sensor (provided by the Care Trust) so if I am not looking at the monitor ( I do also have a life!) and she happens to try and get out of the chair or bed, the sensor goes off which is connected to 'Life-line' and they then ring me. Mum also has mobility problems and is visually impaired - so it is important to 'keep an eye' on her.

Maras