Monitoring Systems.

Discussion in 'Equipment and technology' started by J@net, Nov 25, 2019.

1. J@net

J@net New member

Nov 25, 2019
    Can someone please point me in the right direction. I came to AZ to check on dad who has dementia. I am trying to put a monitoring system in for mom so she can see 3 blind spots. I saw some systems but I am not computer handy. Can someone please direct me where I can find someone to install the system. They have security she just needs the monitoring system. The aAltz. Association shows systems but they are purchased for the individual to install. Where do I go to find some.

2. leslyz

leslyz Registered User

Oct 24, 2015
    Hi I was in a huge quandary about this a few months ago as wanted to get cameras installed and was at a total loss as didn't know where to start not being techy. . I asked around and contacted security companies etc but in the end it was mum's general electrician who guided me through and got the thing installed. I'm not sure if your tech issue is more complex but I'd definitely recommend starting with an electrician. He advised me on equipment too and helped connect me to the app etc. Also mums local council had info on assistive technology and your local authority should be able to advise you. I think what you want is more but hope this helps a little. . Good luck

3. Craster2019

Craster2019 New member

Nov 27, 2019
    Apologies I am new to this forum and not sure if I am in the correct forum etc. Can anyone recommend a discreet tracker for my mom please

4. towergirl3

towergirl3 Registered User

Oct 6, 2016
    Hi,
    we have blink cameras from Amazon in my parents home, they are very effective and not too expensive, also easy to install as no trailing wires. You have an app on your phone or pc which gives alerts when the cameras are activated by movement

5. wonderfulmum

wonderfulmum Registered User

Aug 20, 2015
    Hi, mum has a GPS tracker on her keyring and because she checks and double checks she always has keys when leaving the house it works for mum.
    There is an online company called techsilver and other sites too where you can have tracker in PWD 's shoe, there are many gagets have s search and see which best suits. Hope you find something.