Monday is Mother Day

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Mum died this morning.

As you can see from my previous posts, I knew something was different/wrong. She'd continued to be 'unwell' for 2 weeks but nothing specific. I got a call on Saturday night to say her SATS were down and they'd called the doc. He came out and diagnosed a UTI but I still wasn't convinced.

She was found dead at 7 this morning. The nurse (who found her) told me she'd actually been a bit brighter yesterday and that he'd spoken with her at 4am this morning, but obviously her time had come.

It is 3 years since the accident that put her in the Care Home. She had dementia for at least 5 years before that, maybe as long as 10. They looked after her well and she was never ill. But she had no quality of life and was unhappy and very confused. I'm glad she didn't suffer more and relieved for my brother and I that this hasn't gone on longer.

silver'lantern

Apr 23, 2019
calm and peace. She lay down and slept.... its twin edged I am sure. Relief its done....but you lost your mum.... a hard mix of emotions. The long farewell.
remember and share happy memories.
Take care

Primrose19

Nov 27, 2016
Many condolences. As others have said, reminds me of my mum who is stuck in bed with no quality of life, so sad.

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
My sincere sympathy to you and your family. Take comfort that your Mum's suffering has come to an end.

X

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Thank you everyone.

It's been a difficult day but I'm mostly just relieved it is over for her. The last 3 years have been really awful.

There may be a cornoner's hearing over cause of death. Mum's GP wants to put 'progression of vascular dementia' and I agree. There was nothing else wrong with mum!

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
Sorry to hear your sad news. I can understand your feelings of relief, she's at peace now.