Mom

Wendy C

Jan 29, 2012
West Midlands
I feel my Mom is failing quite quickly. Went to see her yesterday and she could not lift her head up, so giving her a drink is very difficult. She wont swallow it and dribbles it out. In the end she would not open her mouth to drink it. She is on pureed food and has trouble swallowing it. We are awaiting an appointment from SALT, but they are taking their time. She holds the food in her mouth. It must take the staff ages to feed her. I have rung today and they have left her in bed as she is tired and floppy. They will try and get her up for her lunch and then put her back to bed. My last words to her yesterday when I left were "please go to sleep" I feel guilty thinking like that, but watching her suffer is just breaking my heart.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
So sorry to read your update. Honestly I dread the stage you are at and worry endlessly if I will cope. Hope your mum is comfortable and pain free and that maybe while sleeping she is having pleasant dreams.

Wendy C

Jan 29, 2012
West Midlands
So sorry to read your update. Honestly I dread the stage you are at and worry endlessly if I will cope. Hope your mum is comfortable and pain free and that maybe while sleeping she is having pleasant dreams.

It is very difficult coping with it. Its the not knowing when it will all end. There is nothing left of Mom at all, even the smiles have gone. I too hope she is able to have pleasant dreams.

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
Wendy C I feel for you at this rotten stage, it's so hard to witness. Do not feel guilty as you only want what's best. Red xx

Babymare01

Apr 22, 2015
Hello Wendy. I to are seeing the same with mum. After a fall she is now bed ridden. She cannot eat or drink by herself and she now struggles with chewing. She rarely opens her eyes and on the slim chance she does her eyes are empty. Her limbs seem to be twisting.I to say to her "let go mum. Your work is done. Go to sleep" and cry.
I have no words of wisdom. I just wish I could hug you and say "you are not alone"
Easy to say but hard to do but stay strong hun xxx

Wendy C

Jan 29, 2012
West Midlands
Hello Wendy. I to are seeing the same with mum. After a fall she is now bed ridden. She cannot eat or drink by herself and she now struggles with chewing. She rarely opens her eyes and on the slim chance she does her eyes are empty. Her limbs seem to be twisting.I to say to her "let go mum. Your work is done. Go to sleep" and cry.
I have no words of wisdom. I just wish I could hug you and say "you are not alone"
Easy to say but hard to do but stay strong hun xxx

Thank you and Im sorry you are in the same situation. And what an awful situation it is. Our poor Moms, there, but not there. Like you Moms eyes are empty, she's just a shell now. It took me 30 minutes to give her a drink this morning and she did not finish it. She dribbles it out. You stay strong too. xx