mom

angela essex

Jun 7, 2007
essex
did any one watch the programme on telly the other night about the couple with alzeihmers. It was a good programme but boy did it bring some memorys back good and bad. i lost my mom nearly
a year ago in oct . and all the memorys have come back i finf myself crying again thought i was over that:(

Tina

May 19, 2006
Hi angela,

no, I didn't watch the programme because I'm not in the UK, but I've followed the press coverage and also read the article in the TElegraph that Lucille pointed out the other day. It is a very emotional issue.

I lost my nan and aunt to dementia, and it has brought a lot of memories back....memories of visits, of holding hands and stroking faces, of deterioration and frailty, of looking for a flicker of recognition, of delight when pressure of my hand was returned or a smile appeared on a face.

My nan has been gone 6 years, my aunt died last November, and I think it's still early days yet if you only lost your mum last October. Give yourself a little more time. And memories tend to come flooding back when you least expect them too...sometimes they make me smile, but sometimes I still get very weepy too.

Take care,
Tina

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Angela,

I did watch the programme but would rather not comment as I have very mixed feelings.

The memories the programme brought back to you will be very fresh. Ten months is a very short time, and you will still be grieving, so don`t expect too much of yourself.

Please remember TP is always here for you, for as long as you need it. Sometimes it helps to off load to people who really do understand.

Take care

Love xx

nicetotalk

Sep 22, 2006
stretford
HI

i watched it myself and boy did i cry it all came back to me as well,you hear loved ones saying how pieceful the end was well it was not in my mums case She like malcom in the film was a human skeliton in the end no food no fulied i think it was good to show it thats what some of us with loved ones go throug. Maybe its hard on here for people to say it how it is sometimes but that is the truth no good hiding it

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
I watched it here in Spain and it made me weep. It reminded me so much of how Dad was at the end...lots of sad memories came flooding back. Its only just over a year since he left us and its still so hard.

x