1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

2. Hi everyone, Talking Point is back! We’ve updated the software in order to improve security, design, and the way the community works, and introduced some helpful features.

Find out more

Mom with frontal lobe dementia

Discussion in 'Younger people with dementia and their carers' started by Donna-ml, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Donna-ml

Donna-ml Registered User

Dec 12, 2016
    Hi , my mom has frontal lobe dementia, she was diagnosed when she was 47 and is 55 now . Iv cared for her since I was 17 And I'm 25 now . Been really struggling and feeling feelings of guilt/grief . Just wondering if there's anyone else who I can talk to who is going through similar to me at the minute and has a parent with frontal lobe dementia. Feeling very alone with it all at the minute . Thanks

2. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    Donna that's a hard load to shoulder at this stage in your life. I have no experience of early onset so I'll bump you up in the hope someone else can advise you.

3. Ihtl

Ihtl Registered User

Jan 19, 2016
    Hi, I'm going through a similar thing with my dad. Feel free to message me if you want to talk.