Mom still in hospital

sooty

Feb 17, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Since my last post I have booked a flight to the UK and will be gone tonight. Mom is still in the hospital and friends say less muddled but still not knowing where she is and whats going on. I know the hospital are assessing her and she does know I am coming. I am registering the EPA and have a meeting with the solictor on Tuesday to see her. Mom won't understand those words so how do I get her permission?
Also one of her friends has been trying to get confidential info from the hospital asking such questions as when is she coming out, and are they waiting for me to be over to discharge, and what are they doing. The hospital have been great deferring her questions. How can I deal with this person nicely. She has also complained to neighbours I am not phoning her enough and it critical of me generally. Sooty

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi sooty

I hope your trip over goes well, and you find your mom s well as you would hope. It sounds as if you are getting everything sorted out.

As for the friend, I wouldn't bother saying anything. Just tell her you'll let her know when your mum is transferred, that's all she has the right to know. I'd also thank the charge nurse for not giving out information -- this will emphasise the fact that she has no right to know. If she wants to say things about you, ignore them. You are doing all you possibly can for your mom. On the other hand, you don't want to upset her, your mom will perhaps value her visits.

Good luck,

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Sooty,
I hope that everything goes well with your travel. I am sure your mum will be pleased to see you, since she knows your coming. I hope all goes well for your mum.
About your mum's friend, I would tell her that you have really appreciated all that she has done for your mum and you don't want her worrying anymore, that now you will be taking care of things. As Hazel said,
On the other hand, you don't want to upset her, your mom will perhaps value her visits.
Depending on how much support she has given your mum I may even go as far, as a small gift. This may make her think twice before criticising you to neighbours again. Try not to worry too much about your mum's friend, more than likely she'll be nice to your face. You don't have to explain yourself anyway, BUT, Hazel did make a good point. Regards Taffy.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
sooty said:
I am registering the EPA and have a meeting with the solictor on Tuesday to see her. Mom won't understand those words so how do I get her permission?

Hi Sooty,

Sorry if this is a bit late (I'm not sure if you'll be logging in to TP when you're in the UK).

You do not need your Mum's permission to register the EPA. You will have to serve her (and others) with a notice, but she does not need to do anything unless she wants to object to the registration. You will just need to confirm on the application to register that she has been served.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah R