Mom late stage dementia

Ken-Elizabeth

Jun 12, 2019
I’m caring for my mom with late stage dementia as of 2 weeks ago she really starting going downhill out of the blue had her checked for a UTI came back negative she can’t recognize her potty chair by bed at night, she looks at it but cannot figure out what to do, she cannot figure out where to put toilet paper so she drops it on the floor she keeps her eyes closed almost all the time now after waking up from a nap she doesn’t comprehend the time night morning but usually thinks it’s morning time and she wants to go to the daycare facility eating is slowed to a few bites and then full she says It’s overwhelming me being her son and doing most of the care when she is not in the daycare facility. OVERWHELMED

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Is it possible to have carers to help with your Mum, have you had her assessed? I hope that someone with more experience will be along and offer better advice than I can.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Of course it`s overwhelming @Ken-Elizabeth especially when there is a rapid deterioration.

I hope you manage to get some support in or consider a residential facility so a team of carers can do what you are doing single handedly.