Mom is now at peace.

suptowngirl

Sep 19, 2005
Staffordshire
Hi to all who have read my posts about my moms long suffering,

She went to sleep and finally ended her suffering at 6.15 pm last night.

Mom went into hospital 2 weeks ago with septicemia ( caused by the pressure sore ) and she developed Pneumonia too. The doctors said she wouldn't last 48 hours but she wouldn't let go and suffered even more pain.
My sister and myself spent the last 5 nights at the hospital over night and my brothers took over during the day.

We asked the hospital Chaplain to go to her bedside yesterday and he held a small private service and prayed for her.

I had a call to get back as she was deteriorating and at the end the room was full with love, 16 members of our family, her children and grandchildren all there because of the love we felt for her.

We were holding her as she opened her eyes and looked at us as she took her last breath.

It's still so painful even though it was expected.
She is now with my dad and he has taken over now.
We know she is free of pain and suffering and dad will again look after her.
God Bless All of you who are going through this.

Suptowngirl

Last edited:

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Dear, Suptowngirl
Sending you my heartfelt condolences. You will be in shock for sometime, even though you knew the outcome, it is still hard to believe, I know..
Your Mum is at peace now, from this cruel illness, you know that. Now take one day at a time and look after yourself. I'm so sorry you had to go through this, Take very good care of yourself, Love, Nicky xxx

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
I am sorry to hear of your Mum's passing, but as you say she is now at peace and no longer suffering. It was good that so many of your family were with her at the end and that must have been a great comfort to her.
My Mum died before we could get to the hospital, but she was not alone and it was all very sudden.
I don't think we can ever get over losing a loved one, but in time we remember more of the good things, rather than the pain at the end.
My Mum died in May and we are scattering her ashes in the Church Garden on Sunday. We've also got a bench with a plaque in her memory.
Thinking of you at this sad time,

Kayla

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear suptowngirl.
Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences on the death of your mother.
I`m so sorry she had to suffer such pain during her final days and hope you find some consolation in knowing she is at peace now.
Love xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear suptowngirl,
My sincere sympathy. Your post was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad your mother was surrounded by her family and love.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Suptowngirl

Thank you for your beautiful post, it was so moving.

Your mum is at peace no, with your dad, and it was lovely that all the family was there for her. I'm sure she felt the love that surrounded her.

You will grieve for a long time to come, please be good to yourself, and post here whenever yo want to.

Love and hugs,

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Deepest condolences.

and at the end the room was full with love, 16 members of our family, her children and grandchildren all there because of the love we felt for her.

I am so glad that you had the time to gather so many family around. It will always be a comfort to you all.

Laylabud

Sep 7, 2007
Kent
Dear Suptowngirl

I am so sorry to hear of your Mum's passing, although it is expected with this cruel illness it is still a great shock. You have peace of mind now and know she is no longer in suffering and is happy to be back with your Dad, although a little sad prehaps that she have left you all behind.

Take care of yourself

Best wishes

Laylabud

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
So very sorry for your loss but now your mum is at peace.

Love and hugs take care of yourself.

Linda x

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
I'm so sorry to hear of your mum's passing. As you say your mum is in no more pain now and I'm sure your dad will be there to meet her and give her a big hug. It was nice so many of your family where there and that love filled the air as she passed.

(((HUGS))) to you all.

Take Care
Clare:)

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Another one with the Angels.

Dear Suptowngirl,
I am so sorry at your loss. At last she is no longer suffering and at peace and with you Dad. Praying for support for your and you family at this very hard time.
God Bless. Christine

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
Dear Suptowngirl,

My sincere sympathy is sent to you and your family, with lots of love and hugs too.

Take care.

Michele xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
My deepest sympathy in the loss of your Mum. You have done so much for her and it was wonderful that she was surrounded by a truly loving family.

In your grieving I hope you find some consolation in knowing that now she is at peace with your Dad.

Take care Beckyjan

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear suptowngirl,

I am sorry to hear of your mum's passing and hope that you can draw some comfort knowing she is at peace. Deepest Sympathy. Taffy.

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Dear Suptowngirl

So glad you were all able to be there at your mum's passing. We missed my dad's, the hospice rang at 10 a.m. to say he was shouting for my mum, but no panic. We were planning to visit at 2 p.m. I had a notion that it wasn't right, so went to collect mum at 10.15. We got the call to say he had passed away at 10.10 before we had even set off from mum's. I regret very much that I wasn't there to hold his hand.

At least your mum is now at peace. You did all you could.

Much love

Margaret

117katie

Dear suptowngirl!

Like many others who read your posting, I too cried. My heart is with you, and with your family, as we know how you all are feeling at this time. I was moved by the fact that you had been able to gather so many of your family together to share those precious final moments. Your strength will come from each other.

Take care, and thanks for the posting.

Katie

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
My deepest sympathy to you on the loss of your mother. I was so glad to read that she was surrounded by her loving family - what a blessing. Please take time now for yourself. The pain and grief are hard to bear, but hopefully will be made easier by knowing she is now free of pain.
Thinking of you with caring thoughts.

nemesisis

May 25, 2006
my sincere condolences to you and all your family for your loss
bless you all
from reading you post it seems that your mum was with people who loved her
and I am sure she would want you to remember all the happy times you all had together
xx