Mom having an awakening!

care 4 momma

Jan 28, 2017
To my shock my mother who hasn't spoken to me in full sentences in weeks told me thank you for taking care of me, said she was going home, told me she loved me, spoke to my brothers over the phone, said she was anxious and scared to die. This totally blew my mind. I thought I would never again get to tell her how much I love her and how much she means to me. But I got the chance on Friday last week. Then today my sitter said she spoke clearly to her too. She had never heard moms voice before and has been helping with her care for months. I got some of it on video because I knew how unbelievable it is.

I reduced her Seraquel from 200 mg down to 100 mg, weaned her off of the Haldol and Ativan months ago. Could her body have taken that long to loose the effects of the meds to help her become this alert or is this her last good bye that end stage patients get before they pass on? I was so happy to tell her how much I loved her and what she meant to me. I feel like if it is the last good bye I was able to get closure and let her go if her time. I can honestly say I gave her the best care of my ability. What a blessing she is.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
F0r whatever reason, you have been granted this very precious time together. I hope her awareness lasts, but if not you have been given a rare gift.x.

care 4 momma

Jan 28, 2017
F0r whatever reason, you have been granted this very precious time together. I hope her awareness lasts, but if not you have been given a rare gift.x.

Yes, I agree, what a precious gift, I just don't understand it she is in the severe end stage has laid there for months, stopped saying I love you back weeks ago, no more kisses then boom all of a sudden she is talking again. Granted it comes and goes but its been 4 days of it so far. I do treasure this time with her.:)