Mom has dementia

Pink zweibel

Dec 26, 2019
I am sad my mother has dementia and this has led to me feeling lonely and with a silent grief. My family is fragmented and she has gone into a dementia home 100 miles away . I feel really bad about this as I have to work full-time. I'm visiting her soon and I'm nervous about this ....... the world feels colder since she has become worse .

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Dementia is such a wicked illness so it is understandable that you should feel lonely and grieving now your mother has gone into a care home a distance away from you. However remember she is safe there, she will have a number of staff to give her 24/7 care. You will find some inner strength when you visit her there. If you can be positive and happy then hopefully your Mum will mirror those feelings. I wish you all the best with your visit

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @Pink zweibel and welcome to DTP
Don’t feel guilty because you are unable to care 24/7 for your mother life and circumstances get in the way..
My husband was blind and had Alzheimer’s it just became untenable for one person to care for him and keep him safe..
I hope now you have found the forum you will continue to post it is a friendly and supportive forum