Modifying password

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
How can a Guest modify a password?

Would the Guest need to be logged in and therefore visible, if s/he is modifying their password?

Or can a Guest modify anyone else's password?

:confused::confused::confused:

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
How can a Guest modify a password?

Would the Guest need to be logged in and therefore visible, if s/he is modifying their password?

Or can a Guest modify anyone else's password?

:confused::confused::confused:
Hi JPG1
My understanding of a guest is
1 they have not registerd as a member on TP so they wouldnt have a password

2 they may be a member who is not logged so just like in 1 do not have a password as they are here as a guest

as for ability to modify someone elses password Im no computor buff,
but do know that
if on a shared or public pc and you have ticked the remember me box , so you dont have to log in on each visit, then yes its possible for some one else who uses that pc to gain access to your account

Im guessing that password has altered and not by you, or you are asking on someone elses behalf.

if the remeber me box has been ticked Id untick it, so others using that pc cant access TP account
if it has not been ticked I would alert admin asap

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
My understanding of a guest is

1 they have not registerd as a member on TP so they wouldnt have a password

Thanks, Lin - that's my understanding of a guest too. If you're a guest you won't have a password to modify. If you are no longer a guest, but are logging in as a Registered Member then you would have a password that you could modify. But you wouldn't be a Guest then - you'd be a named member.

No, it's not my account that has been compromised - because I don't tick the box! :cool:

I'm just asking in the interests of security for all registered TP members.

i just happened to notice that "A Guest" was apparently "modifying password" - which must be nigh on impossible for a guest. Unless it's a Forum Glitch - and there are a few of them, aren't there! ;););)

Take care, Lin.