Mobile Phone Family Tracker

RustySaddle

Jun 30, 2010
Dorset
Hi, just read the clock thread and it reminded me to mention this I found on the net. It's a tracking device mainly for kids but can't see why it could not be used with AZ sufferers. The wandering person would need to have the mobile on them on their travels and there wherabouts can be monitored on a laptop.

Here's the link

http://appshopper.com/lifestyle/family-tracker

:D

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Tracker

Hi, Sarah, that sounds like a very good idea! Could be useful for carers to keep track of their charges who might be inclined to wander! :( Especially when away from home.xxx Chris

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I moving this into resources as the most appropriate place for it (there are other trackers there).

However, I should point out that this is a US application only for the Iphone/ipad/and some ipods. It may well not work on networks other than AT&T (the US network for iphones).

RustySaddle

Jun 30, 2010
Dorset
just found out that on that traceamobile site (press cancel when it asks for password). There is a pen that you can use for 99 pounds and you can plug it into your computer, then whereever that pen goes it tells your laptop. BUT.... IS THIS LEGAL? Is there some kind of rules about doing this...Human Rights and all that??:confused:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Ah - a definite issue that. It may not be but nor is it appropriate to let someone wander around willy nilly. Every so often we get a someone posting that their loved one has wandered off, and I have to say, there is not always a happy resolution. I think everyone has to do what they think is right, while recognizing that there may be legal consequences for their actions.