Missing this, missing that..

CWR

Mar 17, 2019
When mum went into respite, i had continual problems with items of clothing going missing.Eventually, I made an inventory of all the items she took with her so I could check them when she came home.Once she came home without her meds and I had to go to the chemist and wait for the methadone junkies to be served so I could collect her meds.
The last time she came home from hospital, her lower set of dentures didnt and since she has lost weight, her upper set doesnt fit and so I had to go and buy Fixident. I get annoyed when we carers do what they can yet professionals lose items.It's just another thing. End of gripe.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
It's ok to have a vent about these things as they shouldn't happen.

I hope that others who have experience of these situations will be along with some tips to avoid some of the issues. I know sew in name tags are one of the tips for clothing when Care Homes are involved as it's not unknown for residents to have a very fluid concept of ownership.

CWR

Mar 17, 2019
It's ok to have a vent about these things as they shouldn't happen.

I hope that others who have experience of these situations will be along with some tips to avoid some of the issues. I know sew in name tags are one of the tips for clothing when Care Homes are involved as it's not unknown for residents to have a very fluid concept of ownership.
What annoyed me was that I already did that, AND items still went astray. I'm concerned about mum's dentures since her appetite is so poor. I wonder if its related to her loss of dentures. It's just the way nurses say: thats how things are.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
My husband was in nursing care for 4 years and things went missing, clothes belonging to others in his wardrobe as were his clothes somewhere else. All his clothes and belongings had his name on. Everything found it’s way back eventually. In our house my husband’s and son’s clothes got mixed up, they were same height, same weight so boxers, socks and tee shirts were easily put into the wrong persons drawer.

With respite being for a short time it must be very difficult to get missing things back to where they belong in time. Give the Manager a list of the lost items and telephone or pop in as often as you can to see if they have turned up.