Missing smiles etc

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Yesterday the ** was showing up as an asterisk, today when I try to use the grin smilie :D the only way I can get it into the post is to go back and edit.

Only here, the grin may be appearing: am I going crazy or is the board? If it's any help, when I tried to insert a grin the first time, it came up as (spaces inserted by me) : d
(i.e. lowercase d)
Help!

Ah I see the right squiggly bracket is still comeing up as asterisks.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
And another question related to this: to whom should we report technical problems? That is, ones that are board wide (see the squiggly bracket issue - the smilies seem to be back again). Offensive posts have the ! link, but there doesn't seem to be a link for this sort of problem.

Jennifer

Tash

Jan 8, 2007
London, UK
Hi Jennifer,

Technical issues can be noted here or emailed through to us at web@alzheimers.org.uk.

As for the curly bracket issue, I looked in the admin system, and a small typo caused } to be a censored word! Hopefully this is fixed now.

Not sure about smilies. Will do a quick smilie check:

:) :( :eek: :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek:

Hmm, can only put 10 smilies in a message. Will write another message for the last one.

Tash

Jan 8, 2007
London, UK
:confused:

Seems to be all working for me - but let me know if they continue to cause problems.

Tash

{New Media Support Officer, Alzheimer's Society}

Gromit

Apr 3, 2006
Edinburgh
Thanks

thanks Tash.

I thought I maybe had one glass of wine too many last night when I lost the grin and the bracket (although that may still be the case!).

Will stick to cups of tea tonight to test this theory just in case.

Thanks again and here's another hug! {{{{HUG}}}}

Alison:D