Missing my man

Lilibet1

Nov 19, 2012
Buckinghamshire
Hi all, Brian has been in his new home for 3 weeks now, at first he was really settled but this last week he has become very agitated and angry. He talks constantly and walks around all the time he doesn't eat or drink much. The CH have had the GP out who said that there is nothing wrong with him (medically) but after my chat to them telling them that this is exactly what he was like before he went into hospital with a chest infection and pneumonia with no real outward signs, he is now on antibiotics which he doesn't like so doesn't always take them. He's also now on (albeit temporarily) Risperidone and Lorazepam which should calm him down but as yet hasn't.
My biggest problem is i cry at nearly every visit as i miss him so much. I'm almost tempted to bring him home but i know that i could not cope anymore. He's only 63 and i'm 59 and feel as if the best years of out lives have been savagely ripped away from us.
I HATE what this disease does not only to the victim but also to the rest of the family. I feel so sad today but had to write all this down to get it off my chest as hopefully someone out there will understand how sad i feel.
Sorry to be a saddo. :(:(

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Goodness you are not a saddo. Just wanting to say I understand and wish we could help. x

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
It must be so hard yo see your OH like this, I really feel for you but it sounds as if he's in the right place. I do hope things will settle down but at least you can re-charge your own batteries in between visits. Lots of hugs.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Lilibet1

Nov 19, 2012
Buckinghamshire
I too have had a very difficult day today and cried a lot. My OH is 62 and I'm 58. He is currently in hospital as a volunteer patient. My visit today was horrendous. I don't know how I drove home. I totally understand how you feel. I want him home too but I have no idea how are lives will be when he does come home, indeed, I don't know how long he will be home for. Keep strong and best wishes

Hugs sent to you as i do know how you feel xx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Lilibet and Baxter, May I join the crying circle please? I'm so sorry to read of the pain you're both going through. This is the most awful, horrendous illness and it rips the heart and soul out of loving marriages and relationships.

Easter, and other bank holidays, used to mean so many lovely things to us all, didn't it. John used to reckon the 4 day break was just enough to decorate a room. Or we would clear up the leaves in the garden, and get things ready for planting.

Neither of you could be described as a saddo, but you could both be described as loving wives who have seen your sweethearts of yesteryear change before your eyes. It does help to write things down and post them, because the support you receive here on TP is genuine, sympathetic and loving.

I'm sending you both a huge virtual bouquet. :)

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Lilibet

Hugs from me as well. My Husband is 67 and I am 56-Pete is also in a CH. I know all about the tears. I'm either crying on the way to the CH as I never know what state Pete is going to be in or crying on the way home.Terrible. We also used to have great Easters etc. We always used to go on a holiday at Easter time (Pete was an English lecturer) so even though it was the school holidays we used to say hang the expense. Good job we did as at least I have the memories of happier times.Luckily we were never a couple who thought when we retire we will do such and such, so we had plenty of holidays. However we should be having more good times and we aren't. I feeling really sad about that.

I hope Brian settles down again as that will help you both.

In the meantime look after yourself

Take c are

Lyn T