Mirtazapine has been increased.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi.Doctor has been out at my request to see dad.She has increased dads Mirtazapine at night (not sure how much)but it wasn’t a high to begin with.She asked him about “the gun statement and he said he wouldn’t do it”.I had already explained that he is a half empty person rather than half full.She is going to ring me again in 3 weeks to see if his mood has increased.Any idea if it hasn’t?How many times can it be increased?What happens if it doesn’t?

rainbowcat

Oct 14, 2015
Mirtazipine highest dose when being used for depression/anxiety in NON-dementia people is 45mg. I don't know how high cut off levels are for PWD. I can't be much more help than that I'm afraid, although I will say that if your dad ever gets to the point where says he is about to end it all, and you feel it's not a "half-empty" statement, you need to call 999. (You may already know that, I just didn't want to leave this post with it unsaid.)

Hellyg

Nov 18, 2014
Midlands
My husband is on 45mg (he has FTD - frontal temporal dementia). It does help him sleep and along with risperidone has stopped the statements about not wanting to be alive.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Mirtazipine highest dose when being used for depression/anxiety in NON-dementia people is 45mg. I don't know how high cut off levels are for PWD. I can't be much more help than that I'm afraid, although I will say that if your dad ever gets to the point where says he is about to end it all, and you feel it's not a "half-empty" statement, you need to call 999. (You may already know that, I just didn't want to leave this post with it unsaid.)
Thank you.That's why I called his GP ,as I wasn't sure.I know he cannot walk to get one(immobile)but I have noticed a deterioration in him.He has always suffered with it but you can certainly notice it now.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
My husband is on 45mg (he has FTD - frontal temporal dementia). It does help him sleep and along with risperidone has stopped the statements about not wanting to be alive.
Thank you.Dad hasn't been sleeping well,even though he says he is.He yawns quite a lot during the day ,amongst other things, so hopefully this increase will help.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976