Mindfulness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn

Jul 23, 2015
Mindfulness seems to be very popular these days for all sorts of ailments and disorders. Has anyone any experience of trying it in the context of caring?

Celtic_Ghirl

Jan 27, 2014
Glasgow
Mindfulness seems to be very popular these days for all sorts of ailments and disorders. Has anyone any experience of trying it in the context of caring?

I'm studying to be a teacher of mindfulness, it's amazing and helps relax and rejuvenate. My mum has Alzheimer's and I was a wreck. My GP sent me to an NHS mindfulness class and I was hooked. It's meditation and relaxation. Also supposed to reconnect pathways in the brain.

Here are some NHS meditations for you to try. Sit in a chair that you won't fall asleep in. Lol.

http://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/mildmoderate/MindfulnessDownloads.asp

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
I'm studying to be a teacher of mindfulness, it's amazing and helps relax and rejuvenate. My mum has Alzheimer's and I was a wreck. My GP sent me to an NHS mindfulness class and I was hooked. It's meditation and relaxation. Also supposed to reconnect pathways in the brain.

Here are some NHS meditations for you to try. Sit in a chair that you won't fall asleep in. Lol.

http://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/mildmoderate/MindfulnessDownloads.asp

Thank you for giving the online meditations. I have down loaded them and started a little. But since its the middle of the night, nearly fell asleep. I certainly need help to relax, as I find it very difficult. So hopefully this will help.

Reflection

Feb 25, 2015
Been doing Mindfulness for about two years now. Before my mum was diagnosed and it was of real benefit then and now. If you get the time do go on a course.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I've decided to sign up for this. I've already started another of their courses but I felt I could do with undertaking this one as well.

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
Many thanks for the link GL. Have been wanting a minfullness course for ages,but couldn't bring myself to pay the £200 being asked locally.

Have signed up,and look forward to the course.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hadn't expected so much interest. .

I think we all hope to find something which will help life run more smoothly.

I have been trying to practice Mindfulness for a while now but being self taught hope to learn how to make it more effective.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Thank you so much for the link Celtic-Ghirl, I'm so grateful. Been wanting to try this for a while but the paid for courses have been too expensive. They do run free sessions at work in the lunch hour, but I rarely get a full lunch hour and my main priority at that time is to eat!

Thank you also Grey Lad for the link to the online course - I'm signed up and ready to go now :)

Last edited:

Tiller Girl

May 14, 2012
I've signed up to. I've used Mindfullness but only from a relaxation point. I quite like the Mindfullness colouring books as you can get fully engrossed in that and also Zentangling.

Both quite simple to do but they do take your mind of things......the multiple questions, losing things etc etc.

Since looking into Mindfullness , I've probably also gone back to several of my old hobbies which just helps you to retain a sense of yourself rather than being a carer.

I'm interested to see what the course offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.