mind tricks

Palm

Jun 9, 2022
Hi everyone
My Mum has started a new thing - yesterday I started to vacuum , she said you did that an hour ago - I hadn't
Also thinks the TV show is playing over and over again - it isn't
Or any incident during the day has happened before
Its really upsetting her ......
Has anyone else experienced this please

Quite contrary

Jan 5, 2020
Ilford, Essex
Oh yes! It is deja vu, which happens because the short term memory part of the brain does not work properly anymore and so anything seen or heard goes straight into the long term memory part of the brain. They therefore think that they have seen or heard it before.

LouiseW

Oct 18, 2021
Hi - yes this is typical. My Dad always insists that he has just done every single task that I attempt to do, ranging from hoovering right up to household repiars.

He also get's really agitated watching the TV shouting that he has seen what ever is on the TV before (including live programes ) and asking why they are showing it again

He's been like this for years and now I just don't attempt to do chores if he is around, I can then get them done.

Good luck

Palm

Jun 9, 2022
Hi - yes this is typical. My Dad always insists that he has just done every single task that I attempt to do, ranging from hoovering right up to household repiars.

He also get's really agitated watching the TV shouting that he has seen what ever is on the TV before (including live programes ) and asking why they are showing it again

He's been like this for years and now I just don't attempt to do chores if he is around, I can then get them done.

Good luck
Thank you so much Louise

Palm

Jun 9, 2022
Oh yes! It is deja vu, which happens because the short term memory part of the brain does not work properly anymore and so anything seen or heard goes straight into the long term memory part of the brain. They therefore think that they have seen or heard it before.
Thank you so much