Messing up

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
How have I managed to reply to a post that is several years old. I must be an idiot or Talking point should sort it out. And why have I had 2 posts that are 'private'. I do not have any secrets so do not know what is going on.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Casbow you are not an idiot! It's so easy to post to an old thread. Don't worry about it. I'm sure it's being sorted out.

I'm not sure what you mean by posts that are private. It's possible for members to send Private Messages to each other. It's not about having secrets. It's just that's at times you might want to write something that doesn't need to be on the main forum.

If you click on 'my notifications' at the top you'll see the 'PM' area. That is where you can read your Private Messages or send one to somebody.

I know it's all a bit confusing when you're new but we're all here to help.

Last edited:

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just to add to Izzy's comment above. I have sent you a private message suggesting how you start a new thread in the 'I have a partner with dementia' section of the Forum. Maybe you are thinking a private message is a post. You have obviously appreciated how to start the thread as it is here. But really you are better to post about your situation with your husband so that you can get support - of which there will be plenty on TP.

These sort of things happen to new members and its a way of discovering how things work.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
No Casbow you are certainly not an idiot.

Were the private posts private messages just to tell you the thread you posted to was an old one. I'm sorry they upset you.

Please don't worry about TP. You have enough to worry about as a carer and mistakes happen. They can always be put right.

I hope you are all right.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just to add 'you say Talking Point should sort it out' We are happy to delete your post from the old thread if you wish.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Very easy to do Casbow, and not messing up. Glad it's all sorted out now, and I'm sure you'll find lots of support, advice and friendship here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
I feel an idiot.

Casbow you are not an idiot! It's so easy to post to an old thread. Don't worry about it. I'm sure it's being sorted out.

I'm not sure what you mean by posts that are private. It's possible for members to send Private Messages to each other. It's not about having secrets. It's just that's at times you might want to write something that doesn't need to be on the main forum.

If you click on 'my notifications' at the top you'll see the 'PM' area. That is where you can read your Private Messages or send one to somebody.

I know it's all a bit confusing when you're new but we're all here to help.

Thankyou for the information. I will try to do better !!

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi Casbow - TP feels to me to be the one place where you just can just relax and not be concerned about any 'mess' of any kind (and there are some very earthy threads about very real sorts of mess - thank goodness, because we are all facing such unexpected situations and need somewhere to go to discuss the reality of them all)
so just post whatever, wherever, whenever - what you write will be read by the most thoughtful and forgiving bunch it has ever been my pleasure to encounter - not that you will always be agreed with, but a variety of opinions and experience adds spice to the mix.
So - you do not need to try to do better
just come along and post with the rest of us fallible humans

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Not an idiot, just the same as the rest of us, confused and baffled by so many things.
Keep posting, someone will always read and we all help each other.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Hi Casbow - TP feels to me to be the one place where you just can just relax and not be concerned about any 'mess' of any kind (and there are some very earthy threads about very real sorts of mess - thank goodness, because we are all facing such unexpected situations and need somewhere to go to discuss the reality of them all)
so just post whatever, wherever, whenever - what you write will be read by the most thoughtful and forgiving bunch it has ever been my pleasure to encounter - not that you will always be agreed with, but a variety of opinions and experience adds spice to the mix.
So - you do not need to try to do better
just come along and post with the rest of us fallible humans

I have noticed several of your posts Shedrech. You have a talent for saying just the right thing in just the right way :)

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
oh Slugsta you've mad me cry - I came to TP so alone not knowing what was to become of my dad - and found such warmth and sense and feistiness here that is truly sustaining me through some dark times - if anything I write helps, I'm so glad - sometimes I'm talking to myself to reassure myself that all is not lost
there is such joy here too - I'm loving the love song thread
Louis Armstrong singing What a Wonderful World is a love song to life itself - a precious, precious gift

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
oh Slugsta you've mad me cry - I came to TP so alone not knowing what was to become of my dad - and found such warmth and sense and feistiness here that is truly sustaining me through some dark times - if anything I write helps, I'm so glad - sometimes I'm talking to myself to reassure myself that all is not lost
there is such joy here too - I'm loving the love song thread
Louis Armstrong singing What a Wonderful World is a love song to life itself - a precious, precious gift

I just saw this post and my self indulgent tears this morning have turned into sobs. That is 'our song' because it was the first record my husband bought me just after we met in 1968. I had just posted about having a low moment when I saw Janey's post with Sarah Millican's quote about the light at the end of the tunnel which made me laugh then I read this string.
I'm getting a grip and feeling surrounded by 'friends' on this same path. I have so many things to feel grateful for and TP friends to laugh and cry with. Thank you Shedrech.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point