Message to an individual?

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Read a rather upsetting post last evening from someone who felt they were not getting support on the forum and wondering if they should have joined. Is it okay to post on the "Support for carers" to an individual by name? Only because in this case it sounded as though they were perhaps not picking up replies because they did not know where to find them ... The message was only going to be along the lines of "How are you to-day?" (Have sent a "Visitors Message" but if they don't know where to pick it up, they may continue to feel ignored.) Most posts are addressed to "all and sundry". Did not want to break any unwritten rules. Many thanks. Nan.

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi Nan,

I think if it was me I would start off by sending them a Private Message.

PM's are in some ways much easier to find the Visitor Messages.

Sometimes people do start a thread for another person if they know that this other person is going through a hard time and want to show some support.

There aren't any rules in this regard, it's just a matter of what you and the other person feel comfortable with.

It's very kind of you to be thinking about this person.

Take care,

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Thank you for your reply, Sandy. I have sent a Private Message (and have to say that this was the first time I had done it. Had not realised that one chose between Visitor and Private message just before one typed it out. Learning new things every day! Actually, it just means that I had not paid proper attention to the boxes when I came to them ...) Thanks again. Nan XXX

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
This "someone who felt they were not getting support on the forum and wondering if they should have joined" is why I'm uncomfortable with blogging.
I know,:rolleyes:, old fossil, that's me!:D

Last edited:

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Lynne, I suppose it depends on how you choose to use your Blog. For me, it's a place to record the outcome of doctors' appointments, hospital visits, general downturns in Brian's dementia, respite for me, anything I might want to check for a date in the future. If I get a comment or two after an entry I am always pleased, as it's not something I regard as private. In fact, as on the open forum, any input from other people is always welcome.

Love, Nan XXX