Merry Christmas

Maldives13

Feb 4, 2014
Evening everyone. Just wanted to wish you all a happy christmas and hope 2015 is peaceful or tolerable or happy on some days. Spent the day with mum today as my sister is having mum tomorrow. I'm back on duty Boxing Day. So hard as mum lives at home on her own but wanted to "go home" today. This is so hard and I had to drive her round in the car for 5 minutes and pretend I was taking her home. In fact she was at home but felt settled when we had been for a drive and thought I had taken her home. This was such a hard day for me but I am happy that my Mum is still here. I pray every day to help me get through this.
Please say a prayer for everyone who has dementia, for all their family, friends and carers. God help us all xxx

memaggie2

Nov 9, 2014
scotland
When i worked on an assessment ward we'd consider "HOME " to be a feeling not a place and if you could make the people feel secure and safe it was the best you could do

Home you have a lovely Christmas day

maggie

Maldives13

Feb 4, 2014
Thank you all - can't tell you how much it means to have people who understand. Thank you all and thanks for giving me comfort. I know my mum was much more settled when I "took her home"! Amazing difference. Please give me strength and hope. Bless you all xx

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
Wishing all a peaceful time over the festive season with as many good days as May be possible in the days left this year and beyond. Also wishing all in pain due to bereavement strength and comfort.

spuddle

Mar 13, 2014
Thank you all - can't tell you how much it means to have people who understand. Thank you all and thanks for giving me comfort. I know my mum was much more settled when I "took her home"! Amazing difference. Please give me strength and hope. Bless you all xx

it means so much to me also//. i am so grateful to be able to talk to people about alz and dementia.. i feel very lonely, but ia m so grateful to have found talking point to know im not alone