Merry Christmas

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Good tidings to everyone - Christmas, with all the bustle and happy 'plotting' seems to have become a bewildering threat to my hubby: he says he hates Christmas, but actually, I think what he hates is that everyone is so busy with surprises, that he feels quite left out. No, not because we don't include him (my daughter deserves an award for all the various things she has dreamt up to include him in the preparations), but because surprises are so intangible, he cannot project thoughts and ideas, and equally, he will, of course, not be able to remember what he has wrapped - we keep bouncing back with the aid of happy Christmas CDs, and can only hope that it will be allright on the night ......
Big hugs to everyone!

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Carmen, I've had similar problems this end! Dad frets that he's forgotten to buy any presents. Now that they are all wrapped up he can't see them to even try and remember what he did get. Told him it will be an even bigger surprise, both for him and the recipients, which he thought was rather amusing! Do hope you have a lovely Xmas Day.
Jude

Ruthie

Jul 9, 2003
South Coast
Happy Christmas to you all

Just wanted to wish a Happy Christmas to everyone who uses this forum.

My husband came home from hospital last week, and although it has been hard work despite/because of(?) the amount of sedatives he's on, the sleeping at night is improved (I'm only having to get up to him 2 or 3 times in the night!), he now has day respite care 3 days a week for a few hours, and I've been promised a week of respite in mid January, so hope I'll be able to keep him "at home" for a while longer.

I'm keeping our Christmas very low key, but our youngest son will be home (he is great with his dad), and our older son will be down just after Christmas. Our friends and relations understand that one or two visitors at a time is enough, as my husband can't cope with too many people at once. Our youngest son is happy about this, and as he said today when visiting, it is likely to be his Dad's last Christmas at home, so let's just be relaxed about it (just as long as I cook roast potatoes, he's happy!). I'm fortunate to have such understanding and thoughtful lads.

At least we have some lovely family Christmas Days to look back on, which I guess is more than many people have, and will aim to think positively about this one.

Love to you all

Ruthie

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Best Wishes

Hi everyone, just wanted to say have a good christmas and thanks for being there. Things can get pretty heavy and over the top at times, it has helped to have someone to talk to and to sometimes feel you have helped someone else. Look forward to more chats in 004.
Love,
She.
XXX

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Hi She, Just to say Merry Xmas to you too.

Looks like everyone has posted a lot of info over the last few weeks - all positive, useful advice and great support. Let's keep it all going in 2004..!!!
Christmas Cheers Jude

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coo