Mental Capacity

only daughter

Jun 16, 2014
Surrey
Well Dad has passed to mental capacity test again. The man that tells us that he spent the night in a room with a load if milliasiyons (think that's what he called them) he is in hospital at the moment.

How do I tell my Mum that he might be going home again when she is petrified of this happening.

They both need caring for and I do the best that I can but my Mum will not be able to cope with my Dad when they are alone.

I don't want my Dad to have to go in to a CH but what is the alternative.

I am at my wits end with worry for them both.

tonynortheast

Feb 21, 2015
Newcastle
Well Dad has passed to mental capacity test again. The man that tells us that he spent the night in a room with a load if milliasiyons (think that's what he called them) he is in hospital at the moment.

How do I tell my Mum that he might be going home again when she is petrified of this happening.

They both need caring for and I do the best that I can but my Mum will not be able to cope with my Dad when they are alone.

I don't want my Dad to have to go in to a CH but what is the alternative.

I am at my wits end with worry for them both.

I feel for you. I'm convinced my dad lacks mental capacity but convinced they will try and send him home.
I'm afraid the only way to force the issue is for mam to say over and over I'm not prepared any longer to take responsibility for my husbands care. She may or may not feel able or willing to do this.
I have had to do it with my dad who I love dearly and it's one of the most upsetting and stressful times of my life
Tell your mam and you yourself stay strong.
Much love

Roses40

Jan 25, 2015
manchester
I have been following both of your threads as I am in a similar position with my mam and dad who are both in hospital at the moment. My dad has been found not to have capacity but I am burned out with it all. They are waiting for an assessment bed but the CH told me yesterday that this will only be for a few weeks with a view to them coming home again. I live next door to them. It's so hard trying to step away cos regardless of everything I love them dearly x