Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Mental capacity and care choices - battle with social worker!

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Champers, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Champers

Champers Registered User

Jan 3, 2019
    Regretfully, social services have overridden all our concerns and are today moving MIL back home.

We have ready received a call asking if we could go shopping for some provisions for her arrival as they haven’t got any access to pay

We have responded that in view of their belief in her capacity, and the fact that the care agency are charging £6500 for what should be a gold plated assistance, they can provide that as part of their service.

2. Sarasa

Sarasa Registered User

Apr 13, 2018
    This is going to be interesting, it's a shame they didn't listen to your concerns.
    I do think getting LPA would be useful, specially as SS are insistent your mil has capacity. If it decided she hasn't then sorting stuff out is going to be much trickier.

3. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    HUGS

What an awful situation you are finding all of you in

4. HarrietD

HarrietD Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2014
    London
    Hi everyone,

The moderation team has decided that it is necessary to close this discussion, as it has become unconstructive and no longer about the original purpose of support. As per our community rules, I'm afraid we also can't allow global statements or naming of individuals or organisations.

If you have concerns, we'd strongly encourage you to raise complaints via your local authorities.

Please email talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk if you have any questions or concerns about this decision, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Best wishes,

Harriet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.