1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Thurs 29 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Thursday 29 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. ceroc46

ceroc46 Registered User

Jan 28, 2012
    I'm doing a 10k Memory Walk on 28/9 in Victoria Park, London.

I have a justgiving page if anyone would like to donate. I will let you know the details.

Or just keep your fingers crossed for me; my training consists of tea and biccies so far;)

2. halojones

halojones Registered User

May 7, 2014
    I would like to do our local memory walk, so I will phone up tomorrow...I like your training tips but i will probably use cake instead of biccies!!:):)

3. onewills

onewills Registered User

Aug 21, 2014
    south london
    Good luck...I am doing the 10k battersea park memory walk this Sunday I'm so pleased some one else has had the same training as myself ;)

4. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    We're doing the Dundee one on Sunday. It's only 5k but I'll be pushing Bill in the wheelchair. We've raised £540 so far and I'm delighted!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

5. ceroc46

ceroc46 Registered User

Jan 28, 2012
    We can all send each other positive

6. Neph

Neph Registered User

Jan 27, 2014
    Did the one in Nottingham today along with my two kids and the dog, raised just over £300. Training consisted of los of tea and biccies and of course the pre walk curry last night (just in case I needed jet propulsion) :eek:

7. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Well done! Our T shirts arrived yesterday and I'm having a pre-walk G&T at the moment. This training schedule is gruelling! Roll on tomorrow.