Memory Walk september 24th

mistylee

Jul 13, 2006
Teesside
HI, everyone here is on update on the Memory Walk i am helping to organise for the Teeside Branch.

For the third year running we are holding a sponsored walk in Stewart park in Middlesbrough, there are 2 walks that we do, a short stroll by the lake which is suitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs, and for the more energetic of us we go a bit further around the perimiter of the park.

We are hoping more people will come forward to do the sponsored walk with us, alternatively we have 2 members of staff who will be doing the walk on behalf of peoples loved ones and friends, they have been generous in giving a donation for the cause.

This year we are expanding the walk with entertainment for the children, we are having a scavenger hunt, face painting and a bouncy castle.

Please feel free to join us, if you are interested you can contact us for further details via the national link or you can go to our web site at alz@astees .co.uk.

Thank You for taking the time to read this.

Last edited:

EventsAssistant

Jun 8, 2006
London
Memory Walk 2006

Hi there,

The Teeside branch Memory Walk sounds fantastic! If anyone is in the area I would definitely go along. I went to the London Memory Walk last year and it was really good fun.

Contact details for Memory Walks taking place across England, Wales and Northern Ireland can be found by going to www.alzheimers.org.uk/memorywalk and clicking on the map.

I hope you have a great day, Teeside!

Best wishes,
Lucy

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Memory Walk

Hi Mistylee,
Your walk sounds great and I look foward to hearing how it went.

We are also holding a memeory walk around the Riverside park at Chester-le-Street, County Durham.
This will be starting from the Durham County Cricket ground at 10-30am.
Futher details can be got from the Branch office in Chester-le-Street.

Regards
kenc

mistylee

Jul 13, 2006
Teesside
Thank You

Hi Kenc on behalf of the Teesside branch i would like to wish you well with your Memory Walk, good luck to everyone i hope the weather is kind to us all on the day.

Regards

Mistylee

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
In training!!!!

Well, as you will see ' folks, I'm in good training for next Sunday morning... nothing like an early night to get you fit and ready for the challenge of the day ahead????

At this rate I will be getting up before I've gone to bed the night before....:confused: :D

Just wanted to wish everyone the best for Sunday ... really looking forward to meeting at least one - if not two - other TPers in Manchester .... not sure about how much money we might raise... but hope to raise a few laughs as well as awareness along the way ... if not beforehand (got the T-shirt - but no-one's seen me in it yet!!!) ... so this has got to be worth SOMETHING!!!!

It's not so much sponsorship - more 'silence' money for the mad folks agreed to walk with me that's worrying me now......:D

Piccies may be available for a premium donation!!!!!

;) :D

Karen, x :)

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Good luck to you all for Sunday folks!

I'm ready for it... although I made a 'cock up' not long back and asked for the Saturday off work instead of Sunday lol, luckily I managed to get it changed!

Our walk (Wigan, Leigh & District branch) is in and around a local country park that I like to take my dogs to anyhow... so I'm suitably well practiced for it in advance!

Am looking forward to this - I got some info. into the local newspapers and put some stuff on the branch website too.

Here's to a good bit of money being raised... and the damned rain keeping off! :D

Good luck to you all and very best wishes!

:)

N.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I did not go ,but am wondering how did it go ? does anyone who did go like to share it with us ? :)

I did not go ,because I was flying back from Gibraltar that day :eek: :)