Memory test

Tiller Girl

May 14, 2012
My oh was diagnosed with mixed dementia over 2 yrs ago, because of other medical problems he is unable to have any medication, so the memory clinic basically said ' goodbye, we can't do anything else !'

I was wondering if the memory test they do can be found anywhere on the Internet as I'd like to keep a check on his decline. I think being with him 24/7 masks this somehow.

I can remember quite a few of the questions but not all of them.

Any suggestions ?

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
So sorry to hear of your very worrying situation.

OH was diagnosed with Alzheimer's almost two years ago. He still does very well on the memory tests they give and somehow he still plays bridge though cannot drive, use a mobile phone, remember to take his pills etc.

There are various memory tests online if you Google it but personally I think you could get a better idea of your dad's progress by making notes of the things he is doing and how he does them. I did this prior to OH's testing and it was invaluable for the professionals in assisting with the diagnosis. So I don't take too much notice of the testing. I am the one who lives with him and I know that his paranoia and confusion are getting worse.

Don't underestimate your own judgement because you really know more than anyone else about your dad but don't hesitate to seek help from your GP and other health professionals if you are worried. I don't think you would be unreasonable to get a check up for your dad.