Memory test out of 100

Alibaba80

Aug 4, 2017
Somerset
My Mum has scored 56 out of 100 on a memory clinic test, she's waiting to have a CT scan. Can anyone tell me what that score means?

Jordrecr

Jan 24, 2018
My Mum has scored 56 out of 100 on a memory clinic test, she's waiting to have a CT scan. Can anyone tell me what that score means?
My daD got 69/100 and they said it was early Alzheimer’s they told me they would expect someone without to score an average of 80.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
My wife took the Addenbrooke's test in May 2016, scored 91 and was diagnosed with MCI. In May 2017 she was retested and scored 88 with other tests showing various problems and was diagnosed with Possible Early Onset Dementia of uncertain Aetiology. A PET scan in Oct, 2017 showed brain shrinkage in 2 areas that was in addition to vascular damage that was visible on earlier CT and MRI scans and a diagnosis of Alzheimer's was made. At a consultation in late Oct, 2017 the Consultant said he did not test further as it would just be cruel.
The point about cruelty in a moot one as the first score and diagnosis of MCI led my wife and me to do a lot of research and we discovered that not all cases of MCI develop into dementia and, indeed, when underlying depression and/or anxiety are treated scores can revert to normal. This led my wife to live in hope and me to live in a state of some bewilderment as I could see her deteriorating. The diagnosis of possible dementia and then Alzheimer's then hit my wife very hard indeed, although maybe that would be the case anyway.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017

My dad scored 75 I think and that was followed up with a scan. That was back in September and he was quiet pleased with himself but I knew that he had alzhiemers long before that. I think the cut off score was 88. He got his diagnosis in November so it did not take too long.

Dad has declined a lot in the last six months and he has just started on the medication.

I realise now that he should have been tested long ago as he would have started medication sooner but he was positive he did not have a memory problem and would have none of it. It took a crisis to get him to the doctors.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
My husband scored 79 and was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s and ultimately got early medication . 6 years later he is holding up well and still scores 76 . It’s difficult to predict how quickly/slowly the PWD declines as everyone is different on their journey . Hugs xxxx

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
My Mum had the MMSE 30/30 test in 2013 and scored 23.
In 2014 she scored 18.
In 2016 when Mum was being assesed for Rest Home/Dementia Care level she did the 100/100 ACE III test and scored 42/100.

Mum was admitted to a secure dementia care home. The only memory test they do now. is a basic 5 question test every 3 mnths.

Firecatcher

Jan 6, 2020
My Mum scored 77 in the ACE-111 test in December 2018 which I understood was within the parameters for a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s but she was given a diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment which I didn’t agree with. She continued to deteriorate and 12 months later her ACE-111 score was 67. She’s now been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. In my opinion the memory clinic skirted around the problem and wasted a long period where medication could have helped.