Memory score and Ebixa

widget

Jul 18, 2005
Lincs
Memory score

Today my aunt went once again to have her memory test. She scored 7 out of 30 and walked out mid appointment only to be coaxed back by my brother. Mu uncle was then told that she can't have any drugs because her score was so low, but she can possibly have Ebixa after the next memory test which will be in 3 MONTHS TIME!!! He's told my uncle that he needs to give her little jobs to do and try to get her to answer questions instead of asking him all of the time. If she can't improve her score she can get Ebixa privately, if it doesn't improve she can have some drugs on the NHS.
I'm getting very cynical in my old age , but this is the third time she's seen the consultant and had her memory tested, why should she have to wait another three months?!!! I know the NHS is in a bad state (i have an artificial arm and my limbcentre have told me i can't have a new arm until the new financial year starts!!) so is he prolonging it so she can't have the nhs drugs.....??Hmmm

I'm really at my wits end with all of this, iwas meant to be at the apptmnt with her today but i couldn't go as my 4 year old has chicken pox and i live 100 miles away. Does everything always take this long with Alz? I think my uncle is so low today that HIS sanity is suffering too... :confused:

Last edited:

widget

Jul 18, 2005
Lincs
Just a quick note to say i have persuaded my uncle to ring the Alzheimer's Society branch today. Hopefully he'll feel a bit better when he can talk to someone going through a similar situation.

Stimpfig

Oct 15, 2005
Germany/India
widget said:
Just a quick note to say i have persuaded my uncle to ring the Alzheimer's Society branch today. Hopefully he'll feel a bit better when he can talk to someone going through a similar situation.

Hi Widget

It must be really hard for your uncle. From what I read here on TP, it appears like many of you are having trouble with the NHS. I hope your uncle was able to contact the AS - do fill us in.

Take care,