memory problems

Ereilly62

Sep 8, 2008
n.ireland
hello i am new to this site and i have memory problems like leaveing the front and back door open sometimes all night also i forget simly things has anyone else had this i have been to my gp and been to the hospital for a memory test and a brain scan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Edward.

I`m sorry you have memory problems.

My husband has them too and was diagnosed with Alzheimers in 2005. Living through this with him has shown me how upsetting these symptoms are.

Have you had the results of your memory test and scan yet? Please let us know how you got on.

Take care xx

Ereilly62

Sep 8, 2008
n.ireland
thank you for replaying the doctor said the memory test went well but i have not had the brain test back yet i allso live on my own and some times i am very down my sister lives about 4 miles away and she dose not drive so i am alone most of the time

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Edward

I think it's marvellous that you have found Talking Point which could help you to connect to people. Although you haven't got the results back yet and your problems may be something entirely different from the dementias dealt with on this site, you might still find it helpful to ring your local Alzheimers Society and ask someone to come and visit you. I found them very informative and very supportive and I am sure that it won't matter to them whether you yet have a diagnosis or not.

In the meantime welcome to Talking Point and I hope that you find it supportive in offering advice and friendship.

Love and best wishes

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Edward,

You don't say how old you are..

I do understand that memory problems are a worry..especially if you are living alone..

It's good news that the GP said the memory test went well..I do hope that your other tests will be equally positive.

Please let us know the outcome...and don't hesitate to post if you feel you need to talk.

Love gigi xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Edward

Did the doctor say when you might get the results from the scan?

I hope you have a good day.

Love

dolly gee

Mar 9, 2007
merseyside
menory problems

hello i am new to this site and i have memory problems like leaveing the front and back door open sometimes all night also i forget simly things has anyone else had this i have been to my gp and been to the hospital for a memory test and a brain scan

edward i have been haveing memory loss for some time now you dont say how old you are i am 69 and its been at least 5 years but get a check up and see what happens i am sure its not as bad as you think dolly gee

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @Ereilly62 I am so sorry that you now have a diagnosis of Alzheimer's. This must be so difficult for you because of living on your own.

Although you live on your own do you have any family or friends nearby who might be able to help you now and again, please let us know a bit more about your circumstances.

If you have not already done so please contact your local social services to arrange a needs assessment so that you can get some support. You could also make contact with the 'Make the call' service to see what benefits you may be entitled to.

I am attaching some links which you may find useful.

Please post again if you have any questions or even if you just want to talk to someone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Fargher