Memory problems

Mick moo

Jan 6, 2020
Hi all I had a motorbike accident in 2015 and had fractured skull I had trapped nerve which causes me headache. I'm now under headache consultant but my memory is getting really bad to the point of I forget what had for breakfast lunch and tea! Also my misses and kids say I'm really forgetful and it's making me wonder is getting alzheimer's? It's starting to effect me quite bad I have to write notes all the time. If I see something it triggers me as a reminder if makes sence. What do you think my options are to help? Sorry just don't know what to do?!

Mick moo

Jan 6, 2020
Hi all I had a motorbike accident in 2015 and had fractured skull I had trapped nerve which causes me headache. I'm now under headache consultant but my memory is getting really bad to the point of I forget what had for breakfast lunch and tea! Also my misses and kids say I'm really forgetful and it's making me wonder is getting alzheimer's? It's starting to effect me quite bad I have to write notes all the time. If I see something it triggers me as a reminder if makes sence. What do you think my options are to help? Sorry just don't know what to do?!
And I'm only 33

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @Mick moo and welcome to DTP
Have you discussed your worries with your consultant and your GP sometimes something as simple as a deficiency in some vitamins can cause issues, please get yourself checked out.

Mick moo

Jan 6, 2020
Hello @Mick moo and welcome to DTP
Have you discussed your worries with your consultant and your GP sometimes something as simple as a deficiency in some vitamins can cause issues, please get yourself checked out.
Hi nellbelles thanks for replying I have spoken to him while ago and he said I'm going to get symptoms like this but I hate it I'm so forgetful it's unreal and it worry me big time I'm due bk to see him on the 13th I think it is have to check in diary .

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
And I'm only 33
Oh my lovely not an easy time for you, I can sympathise a little- series of TIA’s late 20’s early 30’s left me reeling & incapable of reciting my own phone number at times.

My old GP sat me down & said that the brain was an amazing organ which we only used a third of its capacity. With that in mind I focused on becoming healthier & fitter & a good sleep routine without modern day technology stimulation at the end of the day (good old fashioned book before bedtime) worked miracles!
I can’t read music anymore & foreign languages are now beyond my capabilities now but other parts of my brain have definitely stepped up to the plate.

The cognitive improvements can be stretched by emotional distress & tiredness but please take heart. Life & the exhaustion that can bring can cause a lot of the symptoms you experience.
Keep posting
& good luck
X