• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Memory comes and goes

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Funny thing happened, last night when I called her, she said she had gone to see a neighbour,
Which one?
Ginny, well she came to see me with some shortbread.
So you didn't go out?
No. But I wrote a thank you letter to Ginny saying thank you for the tablet, gave it to Dist Nurse to give to Ginny. But realised I had written tablet instead of short bread. But then I'm entitled to do that since I am losing my mind.

How do you answer that? Please?

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Funny thing happened, last night when I called her, she said she had gone to see a neighbour,
Which one?
Ginny, well she came to see me with some shortbread.
So you didn't go out?
No. But I wrote a thank you letter to Ginny saying thank you for the tablet, gave it to Dist Nurse to give to Ginny. But realised I had written tablet instead of short bread. But then I'm entitled to do that since I am losing my mind.

How do you answer that? Please?
I think it depends on how your Mum's state of mind appears to be. If she's distressed I would perhaps say 'I'm sorry you are upset' (acknowledge her feelings) 'Let's have a cuppa'-or anything to distract. If she isn't upset but laughing at herself just keep the lighthearted moment going by not making a big thing of it.

It's so difficult isn't it? I sometimes think the worse stage is when people have insight into their condition

Love

Lyn T XX

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
What I maybe failed to mention too, was lasttime I went down she didn't want to go to Tesco's she wasn't properly dressed. last night she pleaded like a small child, "Can we go to Tesco's?"
I said yes we'll go, and her reply was goodie goodie.

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
I think it depends on how your Mum's state of mind appears to be. If she's distressed I would perhaps say 'I'm sorry you are upset' (acknowledge her feelings) 'Let's have a cuppa'-or anything to distract. If she isn't upset but laughing at herself just keep the lighthearted moment going by not making a big thing of it.

It's so difficult isn't it? I sometimes think the worse stage is when people have insight into their condition

Love

Lyn T XX
Thank you lyn
what I did say to her, and she loves tablet (re another thread about sweetness) that we would go and get some, and I suppose if she had tablet block in her mind, then shortbread probably looks like a tablet block

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thank you lyn
what I did say to her, and she loves tablet (re another thread about sweetness) that we would go and get some, and I suppose if she had tablet block in her mind, then shortbread probably looks like a tablet block
Well done Patsy, it seems like you have a lot of insight into your Mum's condition. IMO completely the right response.

Take care,

Lyn T XX

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Well done Patsy, it seems like you have a lot of insight into your Mum's condition. IMO completely the right response.

Take care,

Lyn T XX
thank you lyn, but it has only since I have found this forum/site that I have been able to understand more. To understand things, to put in prosective

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diana White