memory clinic

candiedsonia

Jul 13, 2012
Watford
My mum was discharged from memory clinic 2 yrs ago on 20mg of mematine and a memory score of 73.
she lives in private rented house with a dog and cat on her own and that keeps her going. I visit twice a week after work to take her to cafe. Every saturday to setup tablets and spend day taking her food shopping and having a bit of fun.
i also phone her daily to get her to go check the tablets container ensuring she takes them.
evenings i'm not with her she plays spider on her pc and i skype her for whole eve. She is normally watching GOLD and laughing all time at comedy.

Last december she lost 1st down to 44kg again. I think it was SAD related. I took her to gp and asked to see mental health clinic as wanted to review her as she was worse than 2yrs ago. Got apointment last week and she now scores 55 and is in a grey area with regards backup if something happens to me. There was no more medication they could give her. Dr didn't even look at her records, no one seems interested in her health at all.

she will not accept help from anyone, but my concern was who would step in if anything happened to me. As i am in a grey area there is no one i can give this informatin to. Even the gp could not hold info.

is there anything out there.
I suppose if i was incapacitated it would have to be social services who filled in.
I just need to register mum with them and where they can find what i do and what seh likes to eat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amyelizabeth