Memory Clinic experience

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
So agree about the testing - the results do not reflect the ability of the people to function in the real world. The only people the results seem to satisfy are the professionals and they just add them to their little book of stats and bingo there's another box ticked. Thank goodness for the vol orgs - in my opinion that is where the money should be going because they give the practical help - hey ho!

Boldredrosie

Mar 13, 2012
I made a formal complaint about our memory clinic, the psychiatrist, a social worker and a junior doctors in August of last year. I have yet to receive the results of the investigation and I feel that somebody within the system is interfering with the investigator and what she may or may not say about the issues I raised.

When mam first went to the memory clinic it was ok and I do accept there's limits to what they can do but the social workers attached to it have always been dreadful and since the original lead psychiatrist has left the clinic's attitude towards me as my mam's only next of kin has been contemptuous and aggressive.