memory clinic appointment

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
As usual I think, well at least my brother isn't as bad as yours. (Well, that is generally what happens when I moan about any of my relatives, there are always some around who are worse.)

Lila

noelphobic said:
Lila

Are you sure you're talking about your brother there, not mine?!! It sounds so much like our situation. I have a sister and we both have been through a lot of stress and worry regarding our mother (and our father until he died in November 2004). My brother has only seen her once since my dad's funeral but my mum always has an excuse for him. I last saw her on Sunday afternoon and am going to visit her in the nursing home in a few minutes. It's quite likely that the first thing she will say to me is 'where have you been', as though I'd been missing for decades! My brother phones my sister occasionally but only to ask if my mum's house has been sold, how much money my mum has in her bank account and how the nursing home 'is costing us'.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Lila13 said:
As usual I think, well at least my brother isn't as bad as yours. (Well, that is generally what happens when I moan about any of my relatives, there are always some around who are worse.)

Lila
Yes, I think I definitely get the award for having the worst brother, although I have to share it with my sister - I don't mean she's the worst sister, I mean she shares the worst brother! My mum mentioned him tonight and I said 'well, he should come and see you, shouldn't he'. She said 'he goes to work!'

I don't think he is working, I am, and I'm a single parent to a child with diabetes.

OK, moan over, I am very much aware that there are people worse off than me and I count my blessings daily.

I took my son with me tonight and we had a lovely visit. All the old ladies seemed in fine spirits - we decided they must have a secret stash of booze! My mum was reasonably coherent, for her. Then I got a flat tyre on the way home! My brother-in-law, bless him, came and sorted it out for me. He's more of a brother than my so called brother is and he has been more of a son to my mother, and my father when he was alive.