Memory Cafe Directory

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's interesting.

I see our local ones aren't there. Someone surely has to register them.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I was also disappointed to see that there is only one memory cafe for the whole of the north east, Izzy :(. I'm sure that can't be right - I have just found one in Darlington For example.

But perhaps it's an ongoing project that will be built upon, and there are plenty of cafes mentioned in other areas, so I thought it was worth posting in the hope that it would help someone.

Fingers crossed!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm pretty sure it's a Directory that organisations have to register with to be on. I'm not sure that people will know about it. I know for sure there are two run by Alzheimer's Scotland in a Dundee but Alz Scot would have to register them in this directory. Had there been a link to Facebook I was going to put t it on my timeline but there isn't.

Last edited:

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Many thank CG - this looks like an excellent resource.

I've already emailed the link to the two cafes we go to so that they can register.

Nearly all the activities we have attended are capable of accommodating far more people so sites like this could serve a very useful purpose. But obviously it takes time to build up an extensive countrywide database.

Thanks again.

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
We went to one memory cafe very near us and we were given a sheet with 20 or so in the area. It seems we can go to as many as we like. It was very supportive and helpful.