Memories are made of this

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I was at a meeting in London today, with Norman, Connie, Noelphobic and Skye - and Said and Tash also present, when we saw a really good book, just available from the Alzheimer's Society.

Called "Memories are made of this", it is full of suggestions for re-visiting memories using memory boxes, albums etc.

I reckon it is great for anyone, whether dementia is involved, or not, but it is particularly good - so it seems to me - for bringing families together in realising the past, appreciating it, and using it to help long-term memory.

I've just ordered a couple of copies - one for me and one to give to Jan's care home.

The details on the AS site are so new that some bits don't work[sample pages, front cover], so you may want to wait to see the excerpts before considering the book.

You can find it at http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/QualityPublications/memories_are_made_of_this.htm

other publications are at http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/QualityPublications

Realy nice book, well presented. :)

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Thanks for keeping note of details Bruce. Agree the book was really good.

Have just ordered my copy. (Will probably give it to Lionel's home) although think the family might well want to be involved in creating 'memories' for themselves.

Tash

Jan 8, 2007
London, UK
Brucie said:
The details on the AS site are so new that some bits don't work[sample pages, front cover], so you may want to wait to see the excerpts before considering the book.

Sample page links and cover images are now fixed and available on the 'Memories are Made of This' page.

Thanks for spotting this.

Tash

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
My two copies have just arrived.

Some great projects for children to share with parents and grandparents... and to jog our own memories as well.:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513