Mematine hydrochoride

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi Banger, normally her dose should be increasing after a week. If you think there is a problem with it, go back to consultant, or at least gp immediately. OH didn't have any adverse symptoms, or none that were obvious, at any rate!

Bambini

Sep 8, 2014
My mum is on that. Started with 5 mg and should have increased by 5mg a week til she got to 20mg. Mum couldn't get past 10mg as it made her dizzy and sleepy all the time. That said, she has been on it for a year now. After 2 weeks I could see an improvement and it appears to be putting a small brake on the progression. Mum is worse than a year ago but nothing major. Maybe a phone call to the memory clinic or GP would help, maybe the dose isn't right. Good luck x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

sisu

Nov 15, 2015
Germany, Munich
Anyone any experience with the above drug? Mum has been on a low dose for a week and seems more confused than ever.
Hi banger, longtime lurker here. My mum is on memantine (20mg) for three years now, and it works good for her. She takes it before going to bed so to avoid problems as described by Bambini (dizziness, sleepiness).

banger696

Sep 17, 2015
North East
Hi banger, longtime lurker here. My mum is on memantine (20mg) for three years now, and it works good for her. She takes it before going to bed so to avoid problems as described by Bambini (dizziness, sleepiness).

Many thanks for all responses, doc said to give at night time as can make sleepy so fingers crossed she goes onto 10mg tomorrow.