Medications

Kobiandmillie

Jan 4, 2014
Hi there I'm wondering if anyone got advise my mum 66 yrs old had vascular dementia for 4 yrs maybe longer but the memory clinic changed her medication because she don't sleep at night gets she goes to bed 9 pm and she back up by 2am and remains up just panicking and pacing sometimes gets dressed then goes back to bed by 4 am her meds are 12 mg diazepam and 2.5 trazadone last night she was actually in a vegetative state but she still got up today her gp said to wean off diazepam and up the trazadone but she is still vegetative and very confused banging the windows saying she couldn't get in to the neighbours when she actually was in the house I just don't know what to do or what stage we are in now x

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I'm so sorry but I don't have any advice for you. Just "bumping" this

A terrible worrying time for you xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`d get medical advice.

Trazadone and Diazepam together is a very strong dose. My husband was on Trazadone but his consultant wouldn`t allow anything more and I just had to manage disturbed nights as well as I could. Strong drugs can increase confusion.

I`m no medic so am only passing an opinion. I do have experience of disturbed nights but never considered my husband to be in a vegetative state, just a state of extreme anxiety and confusion.

Kobiandmillie

Jan 4, 2014
Thanx everyone for your replies mum still really confused today and that's with weaning off diazepam I'm presuming I'll just need to wait and see I suppose x