medication

merseyman

May 16, 2015
Can anyone tell me if there is any other medication that can help with DEMENTIA besides Rivestigmine patches my OH has Dementia.

Diannie

Jun 2, 2015
Hi merseyman. My husband has been on 5 mg Donepezil a day for over a year. It suits him very well although I understand some people find it unsuitable. Would it be worth a try for you? I hope it works if you do decide. X

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
You should speak to the GP as it depends on the type of dementia your OH has plus other health problems she might have. It's less for you to decide than what the GP thinks is suitable depending on those factors. Donepezil is very common though it's usually upped to 10mg after four weeks.

technotronic

Jun 14, 2014
My wife has Citalopram 20 mg during the day that helps with the depression and Amitriptyline 10 mg before bed at night, they both help enormously. But i should be guided by what your doctor recommends as Beate has said.

Alan19531953

Jun 16, 2015
Olanzapine

A low dose of this has really helped to stabilise my wife. Memory is still just as bad obviously but at least the raging monster seems to have gone.