Medication

Jaxx23

Mar 15, 2012
Hello all...
Mum I think is in the middle stages of this awful disease, yet still lives at home alone. She goes to Day Care 4 times a week, so only really home alone 3 days, but of course we all pop in. It seems she is now forgetting to take her medication Donepezil in the evenings. She has been going to bed about 5pm, I think purely out of boredom and the exhaustion of her day centre, they usually do exercises and dancing, which she loves ....and to be fair I don't have a problem with that. I have brought forward the time on her pill dispenser, which alarms when it is time to take her pill, but more often than not, she's forgetting or just gone to bed before hand. Sorry, the actual question I want to ask, is, do any of you give donepezil in the mornings, does it make a difference to their behaviour, or just best to speak to her GP??

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
OH always has donepezil in the mornings, so can't comment if there is a difference. If he had to have it in the evenings he probably wouldn't get it half the time as he often goes to bed, and stays there, mid afternoon! However, this is a recent phenomenon. He's been on it 6 or 7 years altogether.

Perfectdaughter

Sep 25, 2014
London
My father who lives independently takes his donepezil in the morning along with all his other meds; initally he had 2 dosette boxes, morning and evening but it just confused him and he usually forgot the evening pills so we agreed with the GP to put everything in the morning box and that has been working well for some months now.