Medical Tags

truckman

Nov 12, 2009
Not sure if I have posted in the right place here , but I just wondered if anybody uses a medical tag.

I am a membere ot a truck site and there is a police officer that mentioned these some time ago for drivers. My daughter got me one for my last birthday because I was hoping to go back abroad next year and thought it would be a useful thing to have. Mine has a usb pen that can be pluged into a computer, the police/ambulance have them fited to vehicules and hospital can get immediate access to my conditions, blood group, tablets allergies etc

I just wondered if it would also be useful for dementia sufferers when they get lost as I have done on occasion :confused:

he also mentioned putting ICE (In Case Of Emergency), Name, and contact number into a phone as they trained to check for these tings first.
I never take mine off and think I might updat the details.

Thanks

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That sounds really interesting. I have been tnhinking for some time now that I should maybe get some kind of tag for Bill. Although he doesn't drive now I am always scared he loses me when we are out together or in an airport etc. I think I will look into it. Thanks. Izzy x

truckman

Nov 12, 2009
Hi Izzy

Not sure if i can name the tags I use so I will wait to see if somebody says I can.

Norman

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
I have just bought a medical ID bracelet for David. On the front is his name and on the back I have got 'Dementia' and various contact phone numbers.

I feel happier knowing he is always wearing it - he always carried a card in his wallet with phone nunbers, but never remembered to use it.

Happy to pass on the details of the company if you PM me.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I had a Dog Tag engraved and put it on Dhiren`s key ring when he went out alone.
I put his name and home phone number on one side and that he was diabetic and had Alzheimers on the other.

truckman

Nov 12, 2009
There are many types to choose from But I think they a a great idea. I wear 2 tags. A usb type and an engraved tag.

Norman