Medical ID Jewellery

person22

Nov 28, 2015
Hi, my mum has alzheimers and just recently has started to leave the house without his keys very early in the morning (like 3am). Im very worried now that if she manages to get out again, it could be in trouble not knowing where she is and wondered if anyone here could recommend a jewellery company that could engrave a necklace with her condition, address and tel. no. She refuses to wear a bracelet. Thanks in advance.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I think it is very dangerous to put a name and address and phone number on anything for a vulnerable person these days. - possibly your phone number for someone to contact you would be better

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
I can see what Fizzie means about safety. I bought a disc from Gracie Collins on not on the high street. It is small and neat looking. I've put it on a chain with her cross.

You could have it engraved with her first name and your contact details, whatever you want with a set number of characters. It was important to me that it didn't look like a dog tag (if that's the right name for them) as mum just wouldn't have countenanced wearing something so obvious. This way at least I know she has some id at all times. She never takes the cross and chain off. It was a bit pricey though, but delivery was really quick.

Last edited:

person22

Nov 28, 2015
I think it is very dangerous to put a name and address and phone number on anything for a vulnerable person these days. - possibly your phone number for someone to contact you would be better

Yes, you're right, didn't think about that one. thanks for your response.

person22

Nov 28, 2015
I can see what Fizzie means about safety. I bought a disc from Gracie Collins on not on the high street. It is small and neat looking. I've put it on a chain with her cross.

You could have it engraved with her first name and your contact details, whatever you want with a set number of characters. It was important to me that it didn't look like a dog tag (if that's the right name for them) as mum just wouldn't have countenanced wearing something so obvious. This way at least I know she has some id at all times. She never takes the cross and chain off. It was a bit pricey though, but delivery was really quick.

Hi Lavender, this is very useful, will take a look at that website. Thanks for taking the time to respond.