meal times

griffy

Jan 10, 2014
Anybody got any ideas about meal times. My mother has FTD. Arrived this morning at 9.00 am to find mom eating sandwiches and pork pie, asked what she had for breakfast and she'd already eaten musselli. My sister and i made light of it and come lunch asked if she wanted chips with us and kids oh yes thanks. On leaving have put her evening meal in microwave and showed on a clock what time to eat it. Not sure its going to work. Has anybody got any other tips. Thanks.

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
My only idea is not to worry about it for now, times won't mean anything to her. She is eating a healthy diet and is maintaining a decent appetite. That's all good.

I really don't see what you can to improve her timing, on this one I would say choose your battles and with a hearty appetite, I'd let this one go. My mum eats almost constantly, there's nothing I can do about it and have other battles to fight.

Just my opinion of course.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
I have to agree with Noorza, if she has an appetite then when she eats or what she eats as long as it is not all junk food it is not something to worry about. With dementia there are so many things to deal with it is easier to pick the right battles to fight and let the rest take it's course.

Jay

malomm

Mar 23, 2014
Campania Region, Italy
Don't worry too much about it. When we sit down to a meal, my wife will start with the fruit, then dunk ham and cheese in her cup of tea or coffee. She will then refuse anything else saying she's not hungry. 15 mins later she'll be eating a banana with her favourite biscuits asking if she should make some lunch.:)
keep smiling.
malomm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app