Maybe this is it.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

I actually had a good night's sleep and phoned the CH around 9am. They said that Mum is a little worse than yesterday. We did what we had to this morning (shopped, filled up the car with diesel etc) and are just grabbing a sandwich before we go over there

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
We spent the afternoon with Mum, then came home for dinner. I will phone the CH before I go to bed.

Our son is coming down for the day tomorrow. It will be lovely to see him and I hope he is in time to say 'Goodbye' to his Grandma. It's only a few weeks since he was last here, and Mum clearly recognised him then, so he has nothing with which to reproach himself if he does not get here in time tomorrow.

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Our son is coming down for the day tomorrow. It will be lovely to see him and I hope he is in time to say 'Goodbye' to his Grandma. It's only a few weeks since he was last here, and Mum clearly recognised him then, so he has nothing with which to reproach himself if he does not get here in time tomorrow.
In fact I actively encouraged my sons not to visit, but to 'remember her as she was' and if your Mum was able to recognise him and respond that might well be a lovely memory to let be his last. Depends on how she is at the end of course.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Holding your hand tight. Very tight

You are where I was this time last year.

Watching and waiting.

Can’t find the words, all I know is, for me, and also maybe you, it’s not a good place to be. But it’s the right place. I know that probably doesn’t make sense, sorry can’t find the words xxxxxxxxx

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Can’t find the words, all I know is, for me, and also maybe you, it’s not a good place to be. But it’s the right place. I know that probably doesn’t make sense, sorry can’t find the words xxxxxxxxx
My mum only went just under a fortnight ago, but yes @2jays, this does make sense to me.
Not a 'good' place but the 'right' place for this moment in time. A lovely expression of how it is.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Thinking of you Slugsta, and hoping for a peaceful and comfortable passing for your Mum, and sending wishes for strength for you and your family to get through this horribly hard time x Take care of yourself xxxx

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Thanks all,

Son came down from London for a few hours yesterday and said his Goodbyes. Mum's vicar also visited and spent a little time quietly with her.

I stayed with Mum last night, then came home for sleep this morning.(still have problem focussing as not long woken up, so please forgive any typo!). I think I will have something to eat here and then go back to the CH and stay overnight again. There are more staff during the day, popping in and out. Mum would be on her own more overnight.

Don't know for how long I can keep this up! Mum doesn't seem much worse than she was on Thursday, but today is her 5th day without food/fluids, surely she cannot carry on much longer!

I feel as if I am in Limbo at the moment, or in a waiting room until Mum's name is called . . .

Sending squishy hugs back at you.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta, hope you can at least stretch out & be reasonably comfortable if you are staying overnight. I understand you wanting to be there with less people around, but as @Margi29 says, you Mum will choose her time & may well slip away while you are grabbing a coffee or a comfort break. If that happens, know she chose that & not that you miss timed anything.

Sending you strength to cope ;) & a few hugs