May have a UTI, but the sample is contaminated again

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
hi @nae sporran
it allows the person to use the toilet as usual but collects the pee so you can then fill your container ... stab a hole in to let out the remainder
the clingfilm is clean so no contaminant present from it
and no-one has to try to hold a container to collect
the carers in dad's care home did this .... was a bit of a surprise once when I went to use his loo and they had just prepared it, thank goodness I noticed
Excellent tip and so simple when you think about it and do recall the “joke”. Of using it stretched tightly ?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry to hear you have this additional struggle on top of everything else @nae sporran.

I`m sure this social distancing makes you feel more isolated than ever.

I remember in the thick of caring looking out of the window in the middle of the night and being comforted by seeing lights on in other houses and knowing I wasn`t the only one in the world up at night.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thanks @Cat27 and @Grannie G. I had a sheltered upbringing @Agzy, so had never heard of that joke. ?
C made me smile this morning. There's a photo I took a couple of years ago of a robin singing under a beer garden table. It popped up on my screen saver and she actually thought the bird had come to visit her. It reminded her of a robin she fed in a garden centre café last year. so she was really happy to see it. Sad, but so sweet at the same time.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Thanks @Cat27 and @Grannie G. I had a sheltered upbringing @Agzy, so had never heard of that joke. ?
C made me smile this morning. There's a photo I took a couple of years ago of a robin singing under a beer garden table. It popped up on my screen saver and she actually thought the bird had come to visit her. It reminded her of a robin she fed in a garden centre café last year. so she was really happy to see it. Sad, but so sweet at the same time.
Your post mentioning a robin is coincidental in that on seeing a Robin in the hedge at the back of ours a couple of days ago Pauline was fascinated as “she had never seen a bird like that in all her life” and he was beautiful. Of course the Robin is a common bird and very often see but it was nice seeing her wonderment at seeing ‘for the 1st time.’

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Your post mentioning a robin is coincidental in that on seeing a Robin in the hedge at the back of ours a couple of days ago Pauline was fascinated as “she had never seen a bird like that in all her life” and he was beautiful. Of course the Robin is a common bird and very often see but it was nice seeing her wonderment at seeing ‘for the 1st time.’
How lovely Agzy.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
I asked for low dose Abs for OH but they refused, apparently someone had a bad reaction to them (not sure if it was local to our GPs or not) our GP will only prescribe them now with a microbiologists report. I was in the process of asking why couldn't his bloods be sent off when lockdown reared its ugly head. I hope C settles soon I know how depressing it is when OH is all confused due to infections.

(((Hugs)))

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I asked for low dose Abs for OH but they refused, apparently someone had a bad reaction to them (not sure if it was local to our GPs or not) our GP will only prescribe them now with a microbiologists report. I was in the process of asking why couldn't his bloods be sent off when lockdown reared its ugly head. I hope C settles soon I know how depressing it is when OH is all confused due to infections.

(((Hugs)))
Thank you, RosettaT.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Another bloomin' UTI looms, diagnosed yesterday. Four in 2 months that have been confirmed. C can be rested and her normal self for a few hours, then she is off on some obsession or other. She was asking her daughter about someone she shared a house with. Daughter has lived alone since her boyfriend left 10 years ago, so had no idea and sadly hung up after a short non conversation. She is obsessed with the virus, her father being a medic when he was a forrester with a reasonable knowledge of herbal medicine.
After being a bit light hearted in the poetry section last night I'm back to depression and stress again. Sorry, so many with worse to deal with, but I'm struggling again.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Another bloomin' UTI looms, diagnosed yesterday. Four in 2 months that have been confirmed. C can be rested and her normal self for a few hours, then she is off on some obsession or other. She was asking her daughter about someone she shared a house with. Daughter has lived alone since her boyfriend left 10 years ago, so had no idea and sadly hung up after a short non conversation. She is obsessed with the virus, her father being a medic when he was a forrester with a reasonable knowledge of herbal medicine.
After being a bit light hearted in the poetry section last night I'm back to depression and stress again. Sorry, so many with worse to deal with, but I'm struggling again.
Sorry to hear you are struggling.You never need to apologise. I’m struggling too with both parents. In dementia land it is great for a while and then it brings you down again. I have been out in the garden today tending to my plants. Just to clear my head...Sending ?....

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Aaargh! The obsessions. I found them most frustrating especially when I didn't have a clue what my dad was on about...or what to say! I hope C's UTI clears up quickly.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
UTIs are the pits :mad:

They cause no end of havoc, OH had several UTIs back to back and I hated it.
I hope her UTI clear up soon.
xxx